Come work for us and be part of the movement to Demand More! Hawkins For Governor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All staff are Independent Contractor Positions
Compensation: $20 an hour
Hours: 15 hours/week until Labor Day, increased after that based on budget
Reports to: Campaign Manager, Hawkins for Governor (CM)
- Work with Campaign Manager and other campaign staff to assist with overall coordination of Hawkins / Lee campaign in NYC (and surrounding downstate areas as needed)
- Top focus will be to coordinate volunteers and campaign events in NYC. This shall include three-to-five large (200-500 attendees) campaign events in NYC and providing support as needed for house parties. The NYC organizer will coordinate regular campaign meetings for volunteers, both citywide and in individual boroughs.
- Secondary focus is to provide staff support to Jia Lee in NYC, including assisting with scheduling of appearances.
- Organizer will develop mechanisms for keeping tracking of events in NYC that would be worthwhile to have appearances by candidates and/or campaign volunteers.
- Volunteer recruitment shall include coordinating outreach at public events (e.g. gathering signups, literature distribution) and phone banking.
- Shall provide assistance to other Green local and statewide candidates related to activists in NYC as needed when assigned by the CM.
- Shall have a goal of at least 25,000 votes for Governor / Lt. Governor in NYC.
Ideal Candidate Shall:
Have prior campaign organizing experience, preferably with the Green Party.
Be familiar with the Green Party and its platform
Have demonstrated ability to recruit volunteers and supporters and manage events
Be able to handle multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Be able to work with geographically remote management and stakeholders.
Be familiar with Google Documents, Spreadsheets and Calendar.
Be familiar with Nationbuilder or a similar supporter database (e.g. ActionKit, ActionNetwork, Raisers Edge, NGPVan, ActBlue, etc) a plus.
Be fluent in a language in addition to English a plus.
Have the ability to help strengthen diversity within the campaign.
Have strong writing and public speaking skills, graphic art experience helpful.
Please send a cover letter and resume to employment(at)howiehawkins.org, with the subject line "NYC Organizer".